Diane Upton Crookham, Recorder
Mahaska County Courthouse
106 South 1st Street · 1st Floor
Oskaloosa, IA 52577
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Mission StatementThe County Recorder shall record at length all instruments filed with the Recorder, consisting of deeds, mortgages, assignments, leases, affidavits, power of attorneys, fence agreements, releases, army discharges, articles of incorporation, plats, easements, antenuptial agreements, condemnations, change of names, road and street dedications, Federal and State Tax liens and releases.
Services & Resources
Duties & Responsibilities
- Term: Four Years
- Bond: $25,000
- Issue all State Revenue Stamps for deeds. First $500.00 is exempt, then $1.60 per thousand.
- Issue hunting, trapping, and fishing license, licenses for deer and turkey.
- The Registering of boats, snowmobiles, and ATVs.
- Furnish certified copies of instruments of record in the office.
- Shall report quarterly to the Board of Supervisors all fees collected and make quarterly reports, paying into the county treasury fees collected.
- Furnish copies of instruments for transfer of real estate to the Assessors.
- Responsible for obtaining and completion of Declaration of Value Statements and Groundwater Hazard.
- Statements for property transferred.
- Issues Marriage Licenses, Birth and Death Certificates.
- You MUST schedule an appointment to apply for a marriage license at least 4 working days before your wedding date. Call 641-673-8187 to schedule this appointment.
All ATV and Snowmobile registrations expire on December 31st.
- The renewal period is September 1st through December 31st, without penalty.
- Previous registration must be brought to renew.