Mahaska County Courthouse

911 Communications: Reminders

  1. If you live in rural Mahaska County and your rural house number sign or road name sign is damaged or missing, report it to the dispatch center at (641) 673-0347. Keep your house marker sign in good repair, straight, and clear of debris, vegetation and snow.
  2. Contact Iowa One Call 48 hours before you dig, (800) 292-8989. A careless construction accident has taken 911 down more than once.
  3. When calling 911 remember to stay calm, speak clearly and remain on the line to answer all the dispatcher's questions as best you can.