- Department: Engineer
- Status: Full Time
- FLSA: Exempt
- Reports To: Board of Supervisors
- Post Date: June 3, 2019 at 12:15 am
- Application Deadline: Posted Until Filled at 12:00 am
Mahaska County is seeking experienced applicants for the position of County Engineer. Interested parties may obtain an application from the Mahaska County Auditor’s Office or from the link below.
- Plans, coordinates, assigns and supervises all engineering and construction work performed by the county secondary road system.
- Sets department policies and procedures so employees can properly complete department tasks.
- Prepares budget documents for the Board of Supervisors and IDOT.
- Prepares and implements the department’s construction program. A five year construction program is required by Iowa Code.
- Prepares and lets contract documents for road improvements.
- Construction design.
- Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with department personnel, other government agencies, other county departments, contractors and the public.
- Present ideas effectively in formal and informal situations.
- Convey thoughts clearly and concisely.
- Listen well and answer questions from the public and business associates in a timely and professional manner.
- Communicate well in writing.
- Keep supervisors and others informed by sharing complete and accurate information in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Secondary Road Department including regular reviews of performance for management and supervisory staff.
- Ensure that management and supervisory staff are in compliance with all Mahaska County policies and procedures.
- Serves on various boards and commissions to make policy for various programs.
- Serves on statewide committees and attends IDOT meetings.
Other hours as required by the job.
Applications & Related Files
Please return the completed application and resume to:
Mahaska County Auditor
106 S 1st St Ste. 11
Oskaloosa, IA 52577
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience. The position requires an Iowa licensed professional engineer. Mahaska County is an equal opportunity employer. This position will be listed until filled.